Rocking Standing Calf Raise
Rocking Standing Calf Raise Instructions
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Get underneath the bar, placing it on your traps. Step back away from the rack/stand.
- You can also use dumbbells or bodyweight.
- Feet are pointed straight ahead with your knees slightly bent.
- In a controlled manner, extend at the ankle through a full range-of-motion (plantar flexion).
- As your heels touch the ground, bring your toes and the balls of your feet off the ground toward your shin (dorsiflexion).
- In a controlled manner, "roll" into your next rep.
- This is a controlled, rhythmic motion.
- Always have your eyes fixated straight ahead with a neutral neck position.
- Wear flat shoes (Chucks/Vans) or perform these barefoot. Wearing thick-soled shoes makes this exercise difficult to execute properly.
- Establish a strong mind-muscle connection and be deliberate with each repetition.
- Experiment with different rep schemes and various time-under-tension protocols.
- Don't actively point your feet internally or externally. This will have no real effect on the execution of the exercise.