Reverse Flyes Instructions
- Lay chest down against an incline bench, gripping a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing each other.
- Legs positioned in a secure stance.
- Extend your arms perpendicular to the bench with a slight bend in the elbow.
- Keeping a slight elbow flex, raise the dumbbells up and around your body in a semi-circle motion.
- Think about pinching a coin with your shoulder blades at the top of the exercise.
- Control the movement with your posterior shoulder, not your arms. Elbows always stay in front of your wrist.
- Your arms are a lever for your posterior shoulder.
- Don't let your traps roll forward while executing the movement.
- Return to the starting position.
- Don't let your shoulders roll forward or your upper traps shrug during the movement.
- Start with bodyweight only and feel the contraction in your posterior shoulder.
- Avoid excessively heavy weight, this exercise is about activating your posterior shoulder.