Reverse Cable Curl
Reverse Cable Curl Instructions
- Set a cable machine pulley to the lowest attachment point with a straight bar attached.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab the bar with an overhand (pronated) grip at shoulder-width apart, elbows kept close to the torso.
- While maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the attachment up using your forearms and biceps until it is at shoulder level.
- Take a quick pause to hold the contraction at the top.
- Lower the bar slowly to starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Your upper arms and body should remain fixed for the whole exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- Keep the attachment along the same bar path from start to finish.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.