One Arm Seated Overhead Tricep Extension
One Arm Seated Overhead Tricep Extension Instructions
- Fix a rope to a cable attachment and set it toward the bottom of the machine.
- Position a bench close to the machine and facing away from it.
- Bench is fixed at 90-degree.
- Grab the rope and sit down on the bench.
- Your working elbow is above your head and pointed laterally away from your body.
- Make sure your body is seated in a strong lifting position.
- Chest up and shoulders back.
- Core is braced with no arch in the low back.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Extend at the elbow and push the rope up.
- Let your elbow track laterally slightly at the start to create a greater stretch in the tricep. Then, extend your forearms overhead.
- Maintain tension on the tricep from start to finish.
- On the descent, once your forearms reaches roughly head level, let your elbow track towards the starting position.
- Aim for volume with this exercise, using heavier weight with this movement will cause unwarranted stress on the elbow.
- Don't let your low back arch to compensate.
- If your elbow drops down at the beginning of the exercise, you are using too heavy of weight.