One Arm Lateral Raise
One Arm Lateral Raise Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand, palm facing your side.
- With the other arm, grab hold of a squat rack or fixed object.
- Lean away from the pole while holding onto it for support.
- With your elbows slightly flexed, initiate the movement by contracting your delt and raising/abducting your arm to just below parallel to the floor.
- The arms are a lever for your delts. There is no excess arm movement or momentum.
- Create the mind-muscle connection your delts are controlling the movement.
- At the top position, your palms are still facing towards the floor.
- Lower the weight in a controlled manner to the starting position.
- Refrain from swinging/swaying the dumbbells upward.
- Never shrug your shoulders. We want to focus on activating the delts.