Kettlebell Overhead Press
Kettlebell Overhead Press Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly flexed
- Core braced with a neutral spine
- Grab the kettlebell. Clean it to your shoulder through the extension of your hips, knees, and ankles.
- You want the KB resting in the front rack position with your elbow up.
- Controlling the press with your delts and triceps, press the KB's overhead.
- Your arms and hands will rotate naturally during the movement.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward to create a stable shoulder position overhead.
- At the top, your arms are fully extended overhead.
- Don't let your shoulders shrug or elbows flare out excessively.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise, never letting your low back arch.
- Stabilize the KB overhead by keeping it close to your center-of-gravity.