Incline Barbell Tricep Extensions
Incline Barbell Tricep Extensions Instruction
- Lay back on an incline bench and hold barbell just inside shoulder-width.
- Position the bar over your head with arms fully extended.
- Imagine bringing your armpits forward. This will create a stable shoulder position.
- Don't let your wrist roll back.
- Begin by lowering the bar behind your head in a semicircular movement keeping your elbows relatively fixed.
- Feel your triceps eccentrically loading.
- Elbows do not flare excessively internal or external.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- You can allow your elbows to track behind you slightly.
- This will create a greater stretch in the tricep.
- Extend your arms to bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Bar follows the same semi-circular path as the eccentric.
- Keep the weight light and aim for volume. Heavy weight can wreak havoc on your elbows if you perform the exercise incorrectly or attempt to progress too fast.