High Cable Fly
High Cable Fly Instructions
- Set the attachment above your head.
- Stand in between the two stacks of weight, slightly away off the center line.
- Grab a handle in each hand and place one-foot in front for counter balance.
- With the elbows bent slightly, pull the cables up underneath your chest.
- Guide the weight in a semicircular motion on the descent, with your arms acting as a lever for your chest.
- Once you have reached the full range-of-motion, pause, and return to the starting position in a slow, controlled movement.
- Keep your chest up. Don't let your shoulders roll forward.
- Go lighter on this exercise, as it is intended to be executed slowly and through a full range-of-motion.
- The arms should not actively contribute. You want the chest musculature controlling the weight.
- You do NOT want the feeling of your upper traps elevating or shrugging.
- Keep your shoulders blades down and back throughout the whole exercise.
- Do not arch your back excessively, keep your core tight to combat this.