Front Plate Raise
Front Plate Raise Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly flexed
- Core braced with a neutral spine.
- Grip and hold the plate with your hands positioned at 3 and 9 o’clock
- You are hold the side of the plate.
- Begin by slowly raising the plate up while maintaining slightly flexed elbows.
- The arms are a lever for your delts. There is no excess arm movement or momentum.
- Create the mind-muscle connection that your delts are controlling the movement.
- Raise until your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Don't shrug the weight up.
- Lower to the starting position in the same plane.
- Don't let your shoulders shrug or lose your posture during the exercise.
- Refrain from swinging/swaying the plates upward.