Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Lower Back, Middle Back, Abdominals|
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift Instruction
There is very little difference between the DB RDL & Stiff Leg Deadlift
- Position your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- With the DB's against your thighs, have your chest up & shoulders back.
- Maintain a braced core and neutral spine from start to finish.
- This will be your starting stance.
- Bend/hinge slowly at the hips maintaining NO flex in your knees, lower the weight (and your torso) straight down your legs.
- You will feel the maximum stretch in your hamstrings.
- The bottom position will be roughly knee-level.
- Upon reaching the max stretch, begin lifting the weight back up via hamstring and glute utilization to the starting position.
- Your core is remaining tight and back flat throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Don't let your back arch excessively or round.
- Keep the DB's close to your center-of-gravity.
- Imagine pushing your glutes back to execute the movement.
- Your core remains braced with a tight upper back.
- Maintain a neutral neck position throughout.