Dumbbell Step Ups
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Hamstrings, Abductors, Adductors|
Dumbbell Step Ups Instruction
- Have a box placed, its height slightly below your knee, near the squat rack.
- To asses proper box height, place one foot on the box and make sure your thigh is at or just above parallel to the floor.
- Have a DB in each hand with in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Place one foot on the box, maintaining core and postural integrity.
- Focus on driving your foot through the box, activating your glutes, quads and hamstrings of the working leg.
- AVOID PUSHING OFF THE BACK LEG.
- Stand tall on the box then lower your non-working leg to the starting position.
- Don't let the knee track too far forward.
- Shoulders stay pinned back, not letting DB's roll forward.
- Avoid 'rolling' or 'rocking' into the movement. Be strict with the execution.