Dumbbell Front Raise
Dumbbell Front Raise Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing down.
- With your elbows slightly flexed, initiate the movement by contracting your delts and raising your arms parallel to the floor in front of you.
- The arms are a lever for your delts. There is no excess arm movement or momentum.
- Create the mind-muscle connection your delts are controlling the movement.
- At the top position, your palms are still facing towards the floor.
- Lower the weight in a controlled manner to the starting position.
- Avoid shrugging or pulling the weight up with your elbows.
- Refrain from swinging/swaying the dumbbells upward.