Decline Leg Raise
Decline Leg Raise Instructions
- Your body is positioned in the opposite direction of the bench.
- Attach a rope handle to foot padding to hold during the movement.
- Feet and legs are together with knees slightly bent.
- Bring your knees to your nose by flexing your abdominals.
- Your lower body is passive during this action.
- Your pelvis should "curl" slightly as your knees raise.
- The purpose of the rectus abdominus muscles is to flex the trunk.
- Before the concentric portion, breathe out and suck your abs in as you execute the movement.
- Same applies for the descent: breath out the uncurl your body.
- Reverse the path on the descent, uncurling your torso from the top.
- Keep the strong core position on the descent, don't let your low back arch as you approach the starting position.
- Execution and technique of this exercise is pivotal to properly gaining the benefits from it.
- Don't SWING YOUR LEGS UP!
- Your legs and arms are passive during this exercise. Focus on the contraction of your abs, not bring your elbows to your knees.