- With a supinated hand position, grip a pull-up bar at roughly shoulder-width apart.
- Position your body in a strong hanging position
- Feet and legs are together and slightly in front of your pelvis.
- You should feel your glutes contracted
- Core is braced with your ribcage over your pelvis.
- Eyes fixated straight ahead with a neutral neck position.
- Shoulders are externally rotated
- Without letting your elbows flare, pull yourself up and keep your legs in front of you throughout the exercise.
- Without any neck involvement, pull your chin above the bar.
- Lower yourself down in a controlled manner.
- Don't "drop" from the top.
- Don't lose your body position at the bottom.
- Don't cheat the exercise, refrain from swinging or kipping upward.
- Avoid crossing your legs behind your body, this extended spinal position negates your lat involvement.
- It also deactivates your core musculature from stabilizing your spine.