Alternating Dumbbell Curls
Alternating Dumbbell Curls Instruction
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Have a dumbbell in each hand, resting at your sides, palms facing your body.
- Maintaining fixed upper arms, begin to curl one arm up while rotating the palm so it is faces you at the top of the lift.
- Initiate and control the movement with your bicep and forearm.
- Avoid shrugging your shoulders.
- Bring the weight to shoulder level.
- After a brief pause, slowly the lower the weight and repeat with the opposite arm.
- Don't "drop" the weight from the top.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or leaning backwards.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.