Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Bark Recipe
Sugar cookies, truffles, chocolates, and candy canes waited patiently at your family's house for your arrival. Your mom even baked gingerbread men cookies into a double bicep flex shape because you know you can't say no... if Mr. Gingerbread is straight flexing.
Related: 4 High Protein Dessert Recipes That Taste Amazing
But this year instead of letting my family do all the holiday baking and cooking, I brought my own recipe to the table, I showed up with a healthy holiday treat in hand that tasted incredible and looked like I had spent hours in the kitchen preparing it... when in fact it took little time at all.
With this simple, no-bake chocolate coconut peppermint bark recipe you can get in and out of the kitchen faster than you can say chocolate coconut peppermint bark. Using only 6 ingredients, a pan, some parchment paper, and the freezing power of your refrigerator you can add a delicious holiday treat to the dessert table.
Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Bark Recipe
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2-3 Tbs. Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 Crushed Mini Candy Canes
- Combine coconut oil, shredded coconut, honey, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Line a pie dish or small brownie pan with parchment paper and spoon coconut mixture into the pan.
- Smooth coconut mixture out flat in the pan and place in freezer for 10-15 minutes until mixture hardens.
- While coconut mixture is in the freezer melt your chocolate chips over the stove in a bowl or pan.
- Take coconut mixture out of the freezer and spoon your melted chocolate on top
Sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces on top of the chocolate and place back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take pan out of the freezer and cut into pieces. Will make about 20 pieces.
Nutritional ProfileEntire batch:
- Calories: 1750
- Fat: 150 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 98 grams
- Calories: 87.5
- Fat: 7.5 grams
- Protein: <1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
For more recipes and nutrition advice subscribe to the MuscleMinds Youtube channel and follow me on Instagram @thebrentness. Happy Holi-Gains!