Seated Dumbbell Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls Instruction
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, core braced, and shoulders pinned back.
- Pick up the weights and let them hang at our sides with palms facing in.
- Begin to curl the weights up while rotating the palms so they are facing you at the top of the lift.
- The biceps and forearms are controlling the movement.
- AVOID shrugging your shoulders.
- After a brief pause, lower to the starting position.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Don't "drop" the weight from the top.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or leaning backwards.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.