Reverse Grip Dumbbell Press
Reverse Grip Dumbbell Press Instructions
- Set up the same way you would for a standard DB bench.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Lay back on a flat bench and raise the dumbbells above your chest.
- Twist the dumbbells around so that your palms are facing you (supinated) for the starting stance.
- Using a slow, controlled movement, lower the dumbbells until the handles are just above chest level. Feel your chest and triceps loading for the press up.
- Pause, then raise the weight back up to the beginning position.
- This is an accessory movement so aim for reps and quality technique versus breaking PR's.
- Performing this exercise poorly consistently over time can wreak havoc on your elbows.