Reverse Grip Curl
Reverse Grip Curl Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip at shoulder-width apart with elbows close to your sides.
- While maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the barbell by initiating the movement your forearms and biceps.
- The bar should come all the way up to shoulder level, palms facing away from you at the top.
- Lower the bar slowly to the starting position. Allow for a quick pause before curling again.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric in adding size and strength to your arms.
- Don't "drop" the weight from the top.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- Avoid shrugging your shoulders or using your lower body to curl the weight up.