|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Hamstrings, Abductors, Adductors|
Bodyweight Lunge Instruction
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Step forward, your foot just outside shoulder-width, while simultaneously dropping your back knee to the floor.
- Your torso can hinge forward slightly.
- Don't let your low back arch/overextend
- The bottom position should feature the back knee positioned behind your hip.
- Bring your back leg forward and stand up.
- Avoid slamming your back knee on the floor when you get tired.
- Don't let your body fall forward or let excess weight be put on the balls of your feet.
- Avoid 'rolling' or 'rocking' into the movement. Be strict with the execution.