Incline Dumbbell Flys
Incline Dumbbell Flys Instruction
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and and sit on an incline bench with the weight resting on your thighs, palms facing each other.
- Sit back and extend your arms above you (palms still facing each other).
- Use thighs for help to “bump” the weight up if necessary.
- With feet planted firmly on the ground, trunk and shoulders braced, in a semicircular motion and with a slight bend at the elbows, lower the dumbbells out to your sides.
- You should be feeling a strong stretch in your chest.
- Don't lower beyond your standard range-of-motion or at/below your chest.
- While contracting your chest musculature, bring the dumbbells back to starting position using the same motion and pathway.
- The arms should remain slightly bent throughout the movement. The arms are a lever between the chest and the dumbbell.
- The focus of this exercise should be on the stretching and contraction of the chest musculature and should be done at a slow pace.
- Going too heavy on weight can ruin the stretch and defeat the purpose of the exercise.