|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Hamstrings, Abdominals, Abductors, Adductors, Middle Back|
Goblet Squat Instructions
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Feet are roughly shoulder-width with your toes pointed out slightly.
- Push your knees out and 'screw' your feet into the floor
- This creates torque in your hips.
- Grab a DB or KB and hold in a front rack position.
- Your back is flat with your core and glutes tight.
- Ignore the notion to arch your back, this is false.
- Push your hips back slightly and descend into the bottom position.
- Keep your chest up throughout the movement.
- Don't be afraid to let your knee track in front of your toe with the Goblet Squat.
- At your end range of motion, stand up.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Keep the DB/KB close to your body.
- Maintain a neutral spine throughout the exercise, never arching or rounding your back.
- Don't 'drop' into the bottom, feel like you are pulling yourself into the bottom position.