Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Lower Back, Middle Back, Abdominals|
Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift Instruction
- Position your feet just inside shoulder-width.
- With the DB's against your thighs, have your chest up & shoulders back.
- Maintain a braced core and neutral spine from start to finish.
- This will be your starting stance.
- Bend/hinge slowly at the hips maintaining slight flex in your knees, lower the weight (and your torso) straight down your legs.
- You will feel a maximum stretch in your hamstrings.
- The bottom position will be just above your knees.
- Your core is remaining tight and back flat throughout the movement.
- Don't lose your strong shoulder position.
- Upon reaching the max stretch, begin lifting the weight back up via hamstring and glute utilization until you reach the starting position.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Don't let the DB's stray from your center-of-gravity
- Your glutes and hamstrings are handling the load, not your low back.
- Your spine remains neutral throughout the movement.
- Imagine pushing your glutes back to execute the movement.
- Maintain a neutral neck position throughout.