Decline Weighted Twist
Decline Weighted Twist Instructions
- Position your body in the 30-45 degree decline sit-up machine.
- Hold a medicine ball level with your abs.
- Your torso is leaning back. Still maintain the strong position of your shoulders back, neutral spine, and your neck in a neutral position.
- Your low back is not arched.
- With your abs and obliques controlling the movement, rotate the medicine ball from side-to-side, touching the floor with each rep.
- Don't just move your arms from side to side.
- The movement is controlled by your abs and obliques, not the momentum of your shoulders/arms.
- Don't let your low back arch during the execution.
- Keep your torso in the same position from the start to finish. Avoid letting your torso creep back toward the bench as you fatigue.
- Create the mind-muscle connection that your legs are passive throughout the movement.
- Your quads and hips should not be taxed after each set.
- You want your abs and obliques controlling the movement.