Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs
Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs Instructions
- Position your feet just inside shoulder-width with your knees slightly bent.
- A barbell positioned behind you.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back and eyes fixed straight ahead.
- Back is flat with a neutral spine.
- Grip the barbell at shoulder-width, your palms facing away from you.
- Make sure to keep your core braced and engaged.
- Your low back is not arched.
- Maintain an upright chest from start to finish. Don't let your shoulders round.
- Lift (shrug) your shoulders straight up, think about bringing your traps to your ears. Quickly pause to hold the contraction.
- Your arms are passive during the movement.
- Release and lower the bar to the starting position.
- Don't lose your strong posture as you lower the bar.
- Focus on the isolation of the traps.
- Keep the bar as close to your center-of-gravity as possible.
- Refrain from using your arms to pull the bar up. The arms are merely a lever for your traps.
- Don't use momentum or excess movement to elevate the bar.