|Secondary Muscle(s)||Chest, Shoulders, Triceps|
Barbell Pullover Instructions
- Lay on a flat bench and grip the barbell as you would for a close grip bench press.
- Lower the barbell to where your elbows are roughly 90-degrees.
- The bar should be at or just above your chest.
- While keeping your arms in that fixed position, move the weight behind your head in a semicircular motion until the bar is behind your head, roughly parallel with the floor.
- Don't go beyond your normal range-of-motion. Your mobility/flexibility will improve through performing this exercise consistently over time.
- You should feel a strong stretch in the lat.
- Return to the starting position by contracting the lats and performing the opposite semicircular motion.
- The arms do not initiate the movement. They are levers for your lats.
- Arms are passive.