Alternating Cable Shoulder Press
Alternating Cable Shoulder Press Instructions
Lower the pulleys to the bottom setting and stand between the attachment points.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance at shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged with your shoulders pinned back and chest up.
- Grab the cable handles and bring them to shoulder height with palms facing forward for the starting position.
- Keep your wrist & forearms relatively vertical throughout the exercise.
- Don't let your wrist roll back.
- Press the pulleys up along a straight bar path.
- At the top, your arms are fully extended and the weight is in a stable position overhead.
- The opposite arm is holding the weight is strong, stable position at the bottom.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward as you press.
- Don't shrug your shoulder at the top.
- Lower weight back down fully to the starting position before alternating arms.
- Do not let your low back excessively arch (lumbar). You want to maintain the tight, strong posture, that you created at the beginning, throughout the exercise.