Wood Chop Instructions
- Set a cable attachment to just below your chest with a free handle attached.
- Stand parallel to the cable and behind the handle with your feet just inside shoulder-width.
- Grab the handle with both hands.
- Maintain a neutral spine and proper posture.
- Chest up and shoulders back.
- Eyes fixated straight ahead with a neutral neck position.
- Core is active and engaged.
- You are not "bracing" like you would for a max effort squat or deadlift.
- You want to keep your hips square throughout the exercise.
- Your feet stay planted from start to finish.
- There is no hip rotation.
- With your arms extended, use your oblique to rotate the handle across your body.
- Return to the starting position.
- Don't jerk the weight across or pull with your arms.
- Never let your back arch.