Shrug Machine Instructions
- Position your feet in an athletic stance at outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back and eyes fixed straight ahead.
- Neutral spine and flat back.
- While maintaining the strong starting position, grab the handles and stand up.
- With passive arms, lift (shrug) your shoulders straight up, think about bringing your traps to your ears.
- Pause to hold the contraction.
- Refrain from using your arms to pull the weight up.
- The arms are merely a lever for your traps.
- Lower the weight to the starting position. Don't re-rack the weight after each rep.
- Don't use momentum or excess movement to elevate the DB's.