- With a pronated hand position, grip a pull-up bar just outside shoulder-width.
- Position your body in a strong hanging position
- Feet and legs are together and slightly in front of your pelvis
- You should feel your glutes contracted.
- Core is braced with your ribcage over your pelvis.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead with a neutral neck position.
- Shoulders are externally rotated.
- Keeping your body engaged, pull yourself up. Keep your legs in front of you throughout the exercise.
- Without any neck involvement, pull your chin above the bar.
- Lower yourself down in a controlled manner.
- Don't lose your body position at the bottom.
- Don't cheat the exercise, refrain from swinging or kipping upward.
- Avoid crossing your legs behind your body, this extended spinal position negates your lat involvement.
- It also deactivates your core musculature from stabilizing your spine.