Landmine Shoulder Press
Landmine Shoulder Press Instructions
- Wedge the end of a barbell into a corner or landmine attachment.
- Raise and hold the bar with one hand. Your stance is staggered with the leg of your working arm back.
- Pressing with the right arm means your right leg is back.
- Take a strong, athletic posture: knees slightly bent, core and glutes activated, shoulders back, and eyes fixed ahead.
- You want your body angled forward slightly.
- Lower the bar so your humerus is just in front of your torso at your side.
- You still want your shoulder "under the bar". You don't want the movement to be solely a tricep extension.
- Press the weight up and trough fully. Try to bring the top of the barbell to the ceiling.
- Lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Keep your core tight for the duration of the exercise.
- Don't let your elbow flare as you press.
- Don't generate momentum from your lower half to press the weight up.