|Secondary Muscle(s)||Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Forearms|
JM Press Instructions
- Firmly plant your heels into the ground with your shins roughly perpendicular to the floor.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- This creates a stable shoulder position to press from.
- Grip the barbell just inside shoulder-width, closer than normal bench press technique.
- Elbows are 45 degrees from the midline of your body.
- Unrack the bar and position it in line with the upper chest and chin.
- Lower the bar like skullcrusher and rock your knuckles back on the descent.
- Keep your elbows up
- Don't let your shoulders 'sink' into the bench
- Feel your bicep and forearm load on the descent.
- Punch the bar back up to the starting position.
- Keep your upper body tight and engaged, there is nothing 'loose' about this exercise.
- Progress slowly with this movement. Adding extra weight too quickly can be too strenuous on the elbows.