Incline Push-up Instructions
- Place a flat bench or elevated stand in front of you and situate your hands just outside shoulder-width.
- Place your feet and legs together behind you. Maintain a braced core with a neutral spine.
- Your back should not be excessively arched nor should your hips and knees sag.
- Keep your bodyweight centered roughly over your hands with your shoulders braced.
- Maintaining this stable shoulder position is key for properly loading your triceps and chest.
- As your body descends, load your chest and triceps keeping your trunk braced and back neutral.
- When you reach the bottom, push yourself back up to starting position without locking the elbows.
- For beginners, you can try this exercise by resting on your knees instead of fully extending the legs.
- Do not let your body fold in while you lower down. Keep your spine erect and your core tight.
- Your elbows should not flare excessively.
- At the bottom position, if your hands are outside your elbows, you need to adjust your starting hand position at the top.