Hammer Grip Dumbbell Bench Press
Hammer Grip Dumbbell Bench Press Instructions
- Rest the DB's on your thighs. Palms should be facing each other.
- Focus on pinching your shoulder blades (scapulas) together as you lie back on the bench.
- Use your thighs to “bump” the dumbbells up and press up over your chest at shoulder width apart, palms facing each other.
- Neutral hand position.
- Your low back is not excessively arched as you lie down.
- Lower the dumbbells in a controlled manner to slightly above your chest with your hands still in the neutral position.
- Your arms will be closer to your body at the bottom compared to other DB Bench Press variations (because of the hand position).
- Feel your triceps and chest loading for the press up
- Press dumbbells back up while contracting the chest and triceps.
- Do not lock out the elbows at the top.
- Don't go too heavy on this movement because it is meant for volume and hypertrophy.
- Going excessively heavy will potentially cause elbow ailments if performed improperly over of a long period of time.
- Keep your feet grounded throughout the exercise.
- Maintain the strong shoulder position you created at the beginning from start to finish.