Glute Bridge Instructions
- Lay down on the floor with your arms across your chest and knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Feet are shoulder-width apart and you have a neutral spine.
- Initiate the exercise by extending your hips (raising your glutes) up.
- Drive your heels through the floor.
- Actively contract your glutes.
- Don't extend/arch your low back.
- Focus on the contraction of the glutes versus how high you raise them.
- If you feel your hamstrings lengthening, then your low back is doing the work.
- There is not a large range of motion for this exercise.
- Hold at the top and actively squeeze.
- Lower slowly to the starting position.
- Changing your foot placement will alter the stimulus in your glutes.
- Perform single-leg variations to increase the difficulty of the movement.