Cable Hammer Curl
Cable Hammer Curl Instructions
- Set a cable machine pulley to the lowest attachment point with a rope attached.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab the rope with both hands facing each other, elbows kept close to the torso.
- While maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the attachment up using your biceps and forearms until it is at shoulder level.
- Hold the contraction at the top for a split-second. Your thumbs are facing you at the top as well.
- Lower slowly to starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- The muscle used first will be used the most, don't use momentum to elevate the weight.
- Don't let your elbow flare inward excessively.