Barbell Upright Row
Barbell Upright Row Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position:
- Core and glutes activated with a neutral spine
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly bent and eyes fixed ahead.
- With an overhand grip, grab the barbell just inside shoulder-width.
- Raise the bar by focusing on pulling with your delts.
- AVOID letting your traps shrug upwards. Maintain sound posture from start to finish.
- Create the mind-muscle connection your delts are controlling the movement, your arms are passive.
- The top position is just below your collarbone..
- Ignore the notion of bringing the barbell past your collarbone.