201 Gym Quotes -The Ultimate Collection
2. I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle victorious. - Vince Lombardi
3. If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
4. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great. - Mark Twain
5. "Everything is hard before it is easy."
6. "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda
7. "Your current body is the only body that can take you to your new body so be kind to it." - Elaine Moran
8. "The real workout starts when you want to stop." - Ronnie Coleman
9. "As a kid, what brought me in the gym, what got me in there every day was a chance to break your personal best, a chance to be strong; I just really, really dig that." - John Cena
10. "Don't be scared to LIFT HEAVY! You won't get huge and bulky, you'll just get amazing." - Jessie Hilgenberg
11. "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid
12. "To be number one, you have to train like you're number two." - Maurice Green
13. "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
14. "Go the extra mile. it's never crowded."
15. "I'm so unfamiliar with the gym, I call it James!" - Ellen DeGeneres
16. "I exercise every day. I swim, I bike, I run and I go to the gym." - Lance Armstrong
17. "Suck it up and one day you won't have to suck it in."
18. "When I played basketball, I spent hours On the court practicing. When i became a body-builder, I was in the gym all the time. Like most beginners, I didn't really know what I was doing, but the more I did it, the more I loved it. I guess you could say I was a gym rat. Seeing my body change made me come back for more." - Phil Heath
19. "I like going to the gym every day because I'm in physiotherapy every day." - Daniel Craig
20. "If you make exercise your hobby instead of your enemy it becomes your friend; it's the one thing that will never let you down. It will always be there for you and it will always make you better than you were before. Remember every time you go to the gym, every time you put the right supplement in your mouth, you're better than you were ten minutes ago. [...] The irony is most people know what to do, they just don't do what they know." - Sylvester Stallone
21. "Going to the gym was never about 'working out' like it is for most people. To me, It was a matter of life or death. It was either me or the weights-and I was going to win. I've always had that competitive streak, whether it was in the gym, on the stage, or In anything else I did." - Rich Gaspari
22. "The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. "If you're spending so much time at the gym that your mail is forwarded there, you're not dedicated - you've got a mental disorder." - Dan John
24. "Once you are over 30, 35 years old, I think everyone should get down to the gym and start moving again." - Warren Cuccurullo
25. "Don't talk age! Age has nothing to do with it. One of my guys who started out at my gym is 87 now, and he still does ten bench-press reps with a hundred-pound dumbbell in each hand. He's training to set a leg-pressing record. I put things in the guy's brain way back when, and now he'll never get away from it." - Jack LaLanne
26. "I do a couple of hundred press-ups a day but I haven't been to a gym in years." - Simon Cowell
27. "Eat clean. Train Mean. Get Lean."
28. "Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle." - Earl Blumenauer
29. "I just came out of the gym from three hours this morning. I got five hours of sleep. That's it. Every day of my life, I'm trying to find a different way to get better." - Ray Lewis
30. "If any of you have seen my shows, you know that I don't skimp on them and the same is true for the gym. We spend what it takes to make a globally first-class gym." - Madonna Ciccone
31. "I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete." - Linda Evangelista
32. "I wear black to the gym because it's like a funeral for my fat."
33. "Use what you have in your gym. Try to do my training program, you will lose your fat and gain muscles at the same time." - Serge Nubret
34. "I couldn't get as big as a bodybuilder. I tried to put on as much weight in the right places as I could. My weightlifting was impressive for me, but not for some of the guys I see down at the gym." - Ralph Fiennes
35. "I try to go to the gym three times a week. And I have to watch what I eat. I'm a normal person." - Jamie Lee Curtis
36. "Every positive thought propels you in the right direction."
37. "If you're not first, you're last." - Jeff Rich
38. "Stop rewarding yourself with food. You are not a dog."
39. "I don't smoke, don't drink much, and go to the gym five times a week. I live a healthy lifestyle and feel great. I can run a marathon, you know." - Sarah Michelle Gellar
40. "I get bored easily, so in general, I tend to mix up my workouts. I exercise in the gym with a trainer once a week when I'm in town, and I love yoga, golf, and tennis." - Ivanka Trump
41. "Acting is like going to the gym. You have to keep yourself in shape and concentrate on your core." - Anthony Rapp
42. "My favorite machine at the gym is the vending machine." - Caroline Rhea
43. When people tell me they can't afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we're already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonders that are available to you. - Steve Maraboli
44. "To sweat is to pray, to make an offering of your innermost self. Sweat is holy water, prayer beads, pearls of liquid that release your past. Sweat is an ancient and universal form of self-healing, whether done in the gym, the sauna, or the sweat lodge. I do it on the dance floor. The more you dance, the more you sweat. The more you sweat, the more you pray. The more you pray, the closer you come to ecstasy." - Gabrielle
45. "Your mind is the strongest and most valuable muscle you can grow in the gym." - Greg Plitt
46. "I go to the gym a lot, and I see these guys, these young actors or models there, really punishing themselves - I mean, just killing themselves. And then I'll see one of them on a billboard, with the artfully messy hair, looking as though it's just natural and easy to have a body like that." - Bronson Pinchot
47. The gym is a kind of wildlife preserve for bodily exertion. A preserve protects species whose habitat is vanishing elsewhere, and the gym (and home gym) accommodates the survival of bodies after the abandonment of the original sites of bodily exertion. - Rebecca Solnit
48. "Those who think they have not timed for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." - Edward Stanley
49. "Fitness is like marriage. You can't cheat on it and expect it to work."
50. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
51. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
52. "I could open up a little gym, and I would be blissfully happy." - Jillian Michaels
53. "You get as big as possible from becoming as strong as possible. When I started lifting I went into the gym with that how much can I bench, curl, squat, and deadlift attitude. That's when I discovered how fast my strength could increase, and it made me crazy intense to get even stronger." - Kevin Levrone
54. "No alarm clock needed, my PASSION wakes me."
55. "My goal is to hit the gym every day I'm on vacation. Usually, I just end up sleeping and drinking beer." - Gary Allan
56. "We all have the same amount of hours in our day. Deciding how to use your hours is up to you."
57. "My gym has two-pound weights. If you're using two-pound weights, how did you even open the door to the gym? What's your dream? To pump up and open your mail?" - Dave Attell
58. "The biggest reason most people fail is that they try to fix too much at once - join a gym, get out of debt, floss after meals and have thinner thighs in 30 days." - Marilu Henner
59. "There are two types of pain, the one that breaks you and the one that changes you. In the gym, pain is felt as a result of weakness leaving the body. Physical pain is the glue of transformation and the pain of progress. The more you endure the harder it gets to accept the thought of failure." - Greg Plitt
60. "People laugh and call me lazy, while they twist around in their three-hour workout making zero progress. Sometimes, instead of what you do in the weight room, it's what you don't do that will lead to success." - Jim Wendler
61. "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat." - Navy SEALs
62. "When I found out I had to take off my shirt in 'Teen' movie, I panicked and hit the gym. I was like, 'It's going to be on film, documented, for my children to see. I can't be 140 pounds. I need to put on a little bit of muscle.'" - Chris Evans
63. "Get enough exercise and sleep: Sounds trivial, but it's not. You may have the urge to work 24/7, to skip the gym and to stay up late to get a few more things done. That's short-sighted. Exercise and sleep are critical to having the physical and mental energy necessary to meet a challenge." - Gretchen Rubin
64. "The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
65. Poor form in the gym is caused by insufficient yelling. - Mark Rippetoe
66. "Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction."
67. "I occasionally go to the gym and I lift free weights, I don't use machines." - Eric Bana
68. Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. - Thomas Jefferson
69. "Some people like to live without too much risk. They're satisfied leading a safe existence. This attitude of caution infiltrates into their goals. Every successful athlete - or businessperson - enjoys taking calculated risks. You have to. Especially in the gym when you're squatting 500 for reps and you can't get one more but grunt out ten. Your nose starts bleeding, you fall into the rack and that's set one." - Tom Platz
70. "I never go to a gym unless I have to for a role, a contract. I try to take care of myself as a human being, not because I have to be in front of the camera." - Elena Anaya
71. "Exercise is really important to me - it's therapeutic. So if I'm ever feeling tense or stressed or like I'm about to have a meltdown, I'll put on my iPod and head to the gym or out on a bike ride along Lake Michigan with the girls." - Michelle Obama
72. "There are some things that just aren't meant to be changed. Your body is not one of them."
73. "If plan A didn't work, the alphabet has 25 other letters. Stay cool."
74. "I work 15 hours a day and still go to the gym. Most people work eight hours a day and say, 'I haven't got time to work out.'" - Charlie Hunnam
75. Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? - Yoda
76. "I always go heavy and I always go to failure. Even when I tell myself I'm gonna go easy, once I get to the gym and start working, I never end up going easy. I hate leaving the floor feeling like I could have done more weight or more reps. I just love working out and going further than I ever did before." - Branch Warren
77. "The diet industry is making a lot of money selling us fad diets, nonfat foods full of chemicals, gym memberships, and pills while we lose a piece of our self-esteem every time we fail another diet or neglect to use the gym membership we could barely afford." - Portia de Rossi
78. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow." Mary Anne Radmacher
79. "It's not weird to look at yourself in the mirror at the gym - that's why they're there! You have to make sure that you're doing things right." - Alison Sweeney
80. "The deadlift also serves as a way to train the mind to do things that are hard." - Mark Rippetoe
81. "Men scream and go crazy in the gym. I'm a silent workout partner, but when my adrenaline gets up, I talk trash." - Fergie
82. "Don't quit. You're already in pain. You're already hurt. Get a reward from it!" - Eric Thomas
83. "When future archaeologists dig up the remains of California, they're going to find all of those gyms their scary-looking gym equipment, and they're going to assume that we were a culture obsessed with torture." - Douglas Coupland
84. "Just remember, somewhere, a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max." - Jim Conroy
85. "Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success." - Denis Waitley
86. "Remember the girl who gave up? No one else does either."
87. "It's a real strength for me that I've never minded the training process. It's something I enjoy. I really like being in the gym or, certainly, on the field." - Tom Brady
88. "Gold's was the first bodybuilding gym made for bodybuilders." - Joe Gold
89. "Turn a setback into a comeback."
90. "I wish I had thought of Velcro muscles myself. I didn't have to go to the gym for all those years, all the hours wedded to the iron game, as we call it." - Sylvester Stallone
91. "No one ever drowned in sweat."
92. "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." - Bill Phillips
93. "If no one thinks you can, then you have to."
94. Train like an athlete, eat like a bodybuilder. - Elliott Hulse
95. "Oh, this shouldn't be allowed. There should be a rule which says that people you've met in the gym should never meet you in real life." - Sophie Kinsella
96. "Now I think that going to the gym is the best drug. I go four times a week and it gives me the buzz I need." - Amy Winehouse
97. "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
98. "Every morning, I crawl out of bed. I sit there and think, 'Do I really need this?' And I drag myself to the gym in my garage. It's not fun. I hate it. I work out alone. Weights." - Sylvester Stallone
99. "From the beginning, what I was connecting within the gym was a universal energy source. I would just feel it flowing. Even when I was twenty years old, I called the gym my church. When I was there, it wasn't about being social; it was about doing my practice. I was in it. I was in the zone." - Shawn Phillips
100. "it's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."
101. "I would like to be the first man in the gym business to throw out my scale. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, what difference does it make what the scale says?" - Vince Gironda
102. "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps." - Bo Jackson
103. "To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will." - Sugar Ray Robinson
104. "I'm going to the gym six days a week. I'm eating right. Well-balanced diet. I drink a juice smoothie every morning." - Chumlee
105. "A mile a day keeps the pounds away."
106. "The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping up and down." - Rita Rudner
107. "Challenges are what makes life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
108. "Change doesn't happen overnight. Be patient."
109. "I go to the gym three days a week. You have to or else - I don't want to be the guy that dies shoveling snow." - Douglas Coupland
110. "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." Henry Rollins
111. "People will stare. Make it worth their while." Harry Winston
112. "There are seven days in a week and someday isn't one of them."
113. "Just do it. Then do it again."
114. "It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure."
115. "Going to the gym is great for your body, but it's also great for your mind." - Rory McIlroy
116. Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward. - Victor Kiam
117. "If you still look cute after the gym, you didn't work out hard enough."
118. "Nothing comes easy, but as long as you're breathing, you're always one breath away from making your dreams a reality. Make every breath count." Kai Greene
119. "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." Arnold Schwarzenegger
120. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" - Muhammad Ali
121. "Strive for progress, not perfection."
122. "You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome - just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
123. "I looked to my mom as an example. And this is what I try to tell so many women: that my mom had a career, and she went to the gym. She took care of herself." - Jillian Michaels
124. "You do better in the gym with a trainer; you don't figure out how to cook without reading a recipe. Therapy is not something to be embarrassed about." - Kristen Bell
125. "You can allow yourself 72 hours of wallowing time. Then you've got to get into the gym, stop eating the ice cream and move on." - Jennifer Love Hewitt
126. "Just went to the gym and worked on every body part. Four people slapped me." - Bob Saget
127. "Fitness is not about being better than someone. Fitness is about being better than the person you were yesterday."
128. "I like to hit the gym early in the morning. I feel better throughout the day when I get in a workout first thing in the morning." - Derek Jeter
129. "A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time: pills or stairs." - Joan Walsh Anglund
130. "If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending."
131. "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general." Mark Rippetoe
132. "If you're on the treadmill next to me, the answer is yes. We ARE racing."
133. "My husband and I own a CrossFit Gym. Crossfit is perfect for me because it's always competitive, all the workouts are in a class environment, and it's different every day. It's a constantly varied functional fitness workout done with intensity." - Chelan Simmons
134. "When I'm fidgety, and I just feel like everything is closing in, I go to the gym. You're building endorphins and feeling good about yourself. It's saved me." - Khloe Kardashian
135. "Workout early in the morning before your brain has time to realize what you're doing."
136. "Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood and tears and effort in the gym every day. " -Gabby Douglas
137. "A champion is someone who gets up when they can't."
138. "Excuses don't burn calories."
139. "If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
140. "Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn Vos Savant
141. "Once you are over 30, 35 years old, I think everyone should get down to the gym and start moving again." - Warren Cuccurullo
142. "I'm one of those strange people: I really love going to the gym." - Julianna Margulies
143. "My mom passed away at 41 from diabetes. And I'm 42, thank you. I didn't want to do that to my son. So any time I was at the gym, that thing that helped me do that last squat was my son calling some other woman mommy. And that would just give me that extra oomph to do that last squat. I want to be around for him." - Sherri Shepherd
144. Before you worry about the beauty of your body, worry about the health of your body. - Amit Kalantri
145. I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon. - Ellen DeGeneres
146. "If there is one abiding theme in the gym, it's the withering work in the ring. Those not fit do not survive." - Emanuel Steward
147. "If you ever wonder about the correct way to do an exercise, the answer is: whatever hurts most. When your muscles cry out in a voice of their own, you've got it!" - Jason Love
148. "The way to get in shape is to go to the gym every single day, change your clothes and take a shower. If you can do that every single day for a month, pretty soon you'll start doing something while you're there." - Seth Godin
149. "On the other side of fear lies freedom."
150. "When I see very fit people at the gym I'm like, what are you doing here? You're done!" - Jim Gaffigan
151. "Health is worth more than learning." - Thomas Jefferson
152. "I mean, everyone walks into the gym on day one skinny or fat. Arnold Schwarzenegger walked into the gym skinny at 15 or 16, and I was that way, too." - Joe Manganiello
153. "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." - Edwin Louis Cole
154. "I want to go to the gym every day, otherwise I feel really bad. I just want to get more toned and healthy." - Lily Allen
155. "Would you rather be covered in sweat at the gym or clothes at the beach?"
156. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for."
157. "That's the object of going to a gym, having fun." - Joe Gold
158. "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." - Michael Jordan
159. "If a man tells you he doesn't lift because he doesn't want to get too bulky, then his testicles have been removed." Paul Carter
160. "To change your body, you must first change your mind."
161. "You are what you eat, so don't be fast, easy, cheap or fake."
162. "Sex keeps me fit and healthy. What can be better than that? It's not about crazy diets or gym workouts." - Kelly Brook
163. "You don't get abs for sucking it in. You get abs for sucking it up."
164. "You will get a lot more compliments for working out than sleeping in."
165. "Life is like exercise. The harder it is, the stronger you become."
166. "Working out is a reward, not a punishment."
167. A gym is a sacred place which makes your life feel worth existing by putting the effort of care into the home of your soul called body! - Munia Khan
168. "Work hard now, selfie later."
169. "Learn to love the burn."
170. "I think it is easier for thinner people to build on a frame once you get lean muscle. I get bored lifting weights at the gym, and it isn't enough as your body becomes stiff. So I train in different ways such as core training, cardio with weights, playing sports such as tennis, cycling, swimming and running 10 km once a week." - Arjun Rampal
171. "Do it for the after picture."
172. "Character is who you are when no one is looking." - Allan Williams
173. "If you always do what you did, you'll always get what you got." - Marian Diamond
174. "You get out what you put in. If you want more, give more." - Jeanette Jenkins
175. "I train all the time and the weird thing is I'm in the gym with people between 20 and 25 years old and I look in the mirror and I look better than they do and they are young kids - either they haven't trained hard enough or they aren't serious enough." - Hulk Hogan
176. "You want me to do something... tell me I can't do it." - Maya Angelou
177. "Act like a lady, lift like a boss."
178. "You've got to block out all distractions when you train. Your focus has to be 100% on the rep. You've got to get into a zone. You know you're in the zone when guys in the gym look you in the eye and then quickly turn away 'cause they see the fire. You've got to be all business." - Mike Matarazzo
179. "Be that girl that everyone looks at in the gym and says, 'I want her body.'"
180. "Your mind gives up before your legs do."
181. "There's no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best." - Ronnie Coleman
182. "When working out, length is not a substitute for intensity." - Bill Loguidice
183. "Take care of your body. it's the only place you have to live."
184. "In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up." - Rich Froning Jr
185. "If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous." - Bret Contreras
186. "A one-hour workout is only 4% of your day. NO EXCUSES."
187. "You can be certain that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested, you are being prepared for great achievement." - Napoleon Hill
188. "I try to work out, but a lot of hotels don't have gyms anymore, so I always try to find a local gym where there's not a ton of 'roid-heads, 'cause I can't stand them. It's tough." - Glenn Danzig
189. "don't let one bad day kill your confidence and progress."
190. "Drop it like a squat."
191. "don't wish for it, work for it."
192. Rather the pain of discipline, than the pain of regret. - Bob Andrews
193. "A year from now, you're going to wish you had started today."
194. A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. - Paul Dudley White
195. "Sweat is your fat crying."
196. Typically the worlds best athletes are minimalists when it comes to their training. They work hard and fast with few exercises. They master the fundamentals and work with them for years. This is the secret that no one wants to hear. - Greg Glassman
197. "Nature builds things that are antifragile. In the case of evolution, nature uses disorder to grow stronger. Occasional starvation or going to the gym also makes you stronger, because you subject your body to stressors and gain from them." - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
198. "I go to the gym, I swim daily and from time to time I meet with friends and do extra-curricular stuff." - Vladimir Putin
199. You surround yourself with great company, you become great. - Marie Blanchard
200. "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in." Mark Rippetoe
201. "I like going to the gym every day." - Frank Bruno