Reverse Hack Squat
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Glutes, Quads|
Reverse Hack Squat Instructions
A main variable with this machine is its mechanical setup and built.
- Have your chest and shoulders facing the padding.
- Be in a strong position while in the machine: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Always maintain a neutral spine.
- Assimilate yourself in the machine with a foot position similar to a front squat.
- The fixed bar path aids in this.
- Stance will be slightly narrow.
- Always keep your knees slightly bent, never locking them out.
- To create stability in your hips, screw your feet into the floor and subtly push your knees out.
- Extend your legs and release the safety handles
- Descend into the bottom position. Try to get more range-of-motion than you normally would on a barbell squat variation.
- Once you reach the bottom position, accelerate back up driving your feet through the foot plate.
- Keep your eyes fixated straight ahead with your neck and spine in a neutral position.
- To improve mind-muscle connection, feel your quads, glutes and hamstrings loading on the eccentric portion of the lift.
- Don't bounce out of the bottom, control the exercise through the full range-of-motion.