Reverse Grip Preacher Curl
Reverse Grip Preacher Curl Instructions
- Grab the bar with an overhand (pronated) grip and get into a starting position with the upper arms and chest situated against the padding.
- To start, the bar is roughly shoulder height.
- Lower the bar slowly until your arms are fully extended but there is still a slight bend in the elbow.
- Feel your biceps and forearms elongating and controlling the motion.
- For this movement especially, the eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- Don't just drop the bar from the top.
- Curl the bar to the starting position using your bicep and no added momentum.
- Your upper arms and body should remain fixed for the whole exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- The muscle used first will be used the most.
- Momentum will negate the movement.
- The purpose of the reverse preacher curl is to isolate the brachioradialis.