One Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extension
One Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extension Instructions
- Stand in a strong lifting position with a dumbbell in one hand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Chest up and shoulders back.
- Core is braced with a neutral spine.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead with a neutral neck.
- Press the dumbbell overhead with the arm fully extended. Your palm if facing forward.
- Elbow is slightly bent and imagine bringing your armpit forward to stabilize your shoulder.
- Flex your arm at the elbow and lower the dumbbell in a semicircular motion behind your head.
- Don't be afraid to let your working elbow track slightly toward your mid-line.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Your palm will always be facing forward during the exercise execution.
- Raise the dumbbell back the starting position.
- Don't be afraid to let your elbow track slightly on the concentric and eccentric portions of the exercise.
- Don't let your low back arch as you execute the movement.