Lying Barbell Raise
Lying Barbell Raise Instructions
- Lay back down on the floor with a barbell resting on your thighs and
- Hold the bar with an overhand grip at about shoulder-width.
- Elbows are slightly bent.
- Activating your delts, raise the barbell in a semicircle motion slowly until it is positioned above your face.
- Your arms are a lever for your delts. Don't use momentum or other musculature to complete the exercise.
- Don't shrug your shoulders as you raise the bar.
- Slowly lower the bar on the same semicircular path to the starting position.
- Don't drop the bar from the top or lower it directly down.
- Use a lighter weight for this movement. It is meant to activate the delts.
- Don't press the weight up as you fatigue.
- Don't raise the bar behind your face.