Incline Barbell Curl
Incline Barbell Curl Instructions
- Lay chest down against an incline bench.
- A barbell is positioned underneath the bench.
- Grab a barbell with an underhand grip at shoulder-width.
- Begin by curling the barbell up slowly through a full range-of-motion.
- The movement is initiated and controlled by the bicep, not momentum.
- Lower the bar slowly to starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- The purpose of the bench is to isolate the bicep, negating momentum or other musculature.