Hack Squat Instructions
- Rest your back on the padding and position your feet slightly forward on the foot plate to get adequate depth when squatting.
- Be in a strong position while in the machine: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Always keep your knees slightly bent, never locking them out.
- To create stability in your hips, screw your feet into the floor and subtly push your knees out.
- Descend into the bottom position. Try to get more range-of-motion than you normally would on a barbell squat variation.
- Once you reach the bottom position, accelerate back up driving your feet through the foot plate.
- Continue to push your knees out and maintain your core tightness on the ascent.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top position.
- Keep your eyes fixated straight ahead with your neck in a neutral position.
- To improve mind-muscle connection, feel your quads, glutes and hamstrings loading on the eccentric portion of the lift.
- Don't bounce out of the bottom, control the exercise through the full range-of-motion.