Bosu Ball Push-ups
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Shoulders, Triceps, Abdominals|
Bosu Ball Push-up Instructions
- Get into push-up position with your arms extended, hands planted on the sides of the flat end of the bosu ball.
- The ball portion should be facing downwards.
- Place your feet and legs together behind you. Maintain a braced core with a neutral spine. Your back should not be excessively arched nor should your hips and knees sag.
- Abdominals & olbiques are contracted.
- Glutes are active.
- Shoulders are pinned back.
- Eyes are focused on the floor, neck is in a neutral position.
- Keep your bodyweight centered roughly over your hands with your shoulders braced.
- Maintaining this stable shoulder position is key for properly loading your triceps and chest.
- As your body descends, load your chest and triceps keeping your trunk braced and back neutral.
- When you reach the bottom, push yourself back up to starting position without locking the elbows.
- This exercise is great for developing shoulder stability so keep all reps controlled without excessive momentum.
- Do not let your body fold in while you lower down. Keep your spine erect and your core tight.
- Your elbows should not flare excessively.