Barbell Concentration Curl
Barbell Concentration Curl Instructions
- Sit on the end of a flat bench and position your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart with knees bent. Grab a barbell with an underhand grip with your hands several inches apart.
- To get into the starting stance, lean your torso forward with the barbell hanging and let the backs of your upper arms rest against your inner thighs. Keep your upper arms fixed.
- Begin by curling the weight up to chest level while squeezing the biceps.
- Lower the bar slowly back down to the starting stance.
- Your upper arms and body should remain fixed for the whole exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight up or letting the bar drop on the way down. Be in control of the weight the entire time.