|Secondary Muscle(s)||Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders|
Underhand Pulldown Instructions
- Select the appropriate weight on the stack of a machine with a wide grip handle bar. Adjust the thigh pad to a comfortable, secure setting.
- Standing over the seat with one leg situated on each side, grab the bar with an underhand grip and your hands positioned inside of shoulder width apart. Sit down with arms fully lengthened and back straight and chest out.
- Begin by pulling the weight down by isolating the back muscles and really squeezing them when you reach the fully contracted position, which should be around upper chest level.
- Once the bar is level with your chest and you’ve briefly paused, let the bar raise back up slowly until the arms are fully lengthened again, but without letting the weight touch the stack.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Underhand Pulldown Tips
- Your body should remain fixed during. Refrain from using your forearms or biceps when performing this exercise and place the focus on your back.
- Use slow, controlled movements.