Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension Instructions
- Be seated on a flat bench with a dumbbell.
- When lying back, your head is toward the end of the bench.
- Grip the dumbbell in each hand
- Lie back on the bench and extend your arms up with your elbow slightly bent.
- Your hands are in neutral position.
- Create the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Lower your forearms and let your elbows track back slightly.
- The dumbbells will finish slightly behind your head.
- By allow your elbows to track subtly, you can create a greater stretch in the tricep.
- For the concentric, bring your elbows forward slightly then extend your forearms back to the starting position.
- Be subtle with your elbow movement. The purpose of your elbows tracking is to generate a proper stretch in the tricep.