Wide Stance Leg Press
|Glutes, Hamstrings, Adductors
Wide Stance Leg Press Instruction
- Sit inside a leg press machine.
- Put both feet at the top of platform positioned outside shoulder-width with toes pointed slightly outward.
- Extend your leg to push the weight up and release the safety.
- Lower the weight slowly through a full range-of-motion.
- Don't let your glutes come off the seat.
- If this happen, your low back is compromised and you are setting yourself up for injury.
- At the bottom position, drive your heels through the pad and push the weight up.
- Don't lock your legs out at the top.
- Again, do not let your glutes come off the bench. This is unwarranted stress on your lower back.
- Don't lock out your legs.
- Keep your eyes focused straight ahead. You want a full neutral spine.