Preacher Curl Instructions
- Grab the bar with an underhand (supinated) grip and get into a starting position with the upper arms and chest situated against the padding.
- To start, the bar is roughly shoulder height.
- Lower the bar slowly until your arms are fully extended but there is still a slight bend in the elbow.
- Feel your biceps elongating and controlling the motion.
- For this movement especially, the eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- Curl the bar to the starting position using your bicep and no added momentum.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- The purpose of the preacher curl is to isolate the bicep, negating momentum or other musculature.